Lagoon Amusement Park has entertained guests for over a century. It began in the late 1800's as "Lake Park", a resort built near the shoreline of the Great Salt Lake. Lake Park’s Vice President, Simon Bamberger, moved the park east to Farmington, Utah where it would have better access to passengers traveling on his railroad. Over the years, swimming pools, roller coasters and dancing pavilions were added to the popular summer destination. In the summer of 1958, Ogden teen, Van Summerill, shot this archival film footage with his parents wind up 8mm camera at Lagoon. This short film captures a first person view of the famous "Roller Coaster", which was originally constructed in 1921 and recognized as a "Coaster Landmark" by ACE (American Coaster Enthusiasts).
Original Film Footage
Van Summerill
Editor
Issac Goeckeritz
Film to Digital Transfer
Larsen Digital
Watch video Lagoon 1958 Archival Film online without registration, duration hours minute second in high quality. This video was added by user Issac Goeckeritz | Filmmaker 24 May 2022, don't forget to share it with your friends and acquaintances, it has been viewed on our site 10,641 once and liked it 232 people.